Who’s driving the ‘Back to Work’ conversation on Twitter?
We used GPG’s proprietary Network Influencer Tool to identify the key players:
- Atlantic science writer Ed Yong’s tweets about his article on coronavirus’ uneven course throughout the U.S drove the network’s highest engagement.
- Actress Morgan Fairchild is the most well-connected account in this network. Her engagement with tweets on schools, theme parks and small businesses reopening helped her bridge diverse groups within this network.
- The Associated Press moves information from one end of the network to the other with ease. Its tweets and retweets on Montenegro’s reopening, skiing resuming in Colorado, houses of worship reopening and the gym dilemma have been picked up and shared widely.
- Canadian news network The Global News pumps the most information into the network, sharing content on topics like newly reopened Krispy Kreme, haircut envy and the importance of testing.
- With its 58 million followers, @Twitter topped the charts in terms of reach. Many mentioned it in their tweets quoting an MIT article that claims nearly half of the Twitter accounts discussing ‘Reopening America’ may be bots.
Though reopening is a global conversation, our analysis shows that most of the influential accounts driving it are discussing the reopening of the U.S.